I'm at it again: teaching and chasing the sun ..... Follow along as I experience sunny Sahuayo



Saturday, May 28, 2011

Bags of Tequila and Juice

 wheew.... first week of teaching down! Who was I kidding when I thought a class of 15 Mexican first graders would be easier to manage than a class of 60 Thai high schoolers?? My kiddos have so much ENERGY, such short attention spans, and are needless to say, beyond adorable! Here's a glimpse of my first weekend in Sahuayo:
We stopped by Lake Chapala on our way back from Guadalajara

Sliding with bags of tequila seemed like a good idea....

Meet Katie: roommate and 2nd grade teacher from Massachusetts

and Melissa: my other roommate and Kindergarten teacher from New York

poor caged fellow we found outside of the Chinese restaurant

Sahuayo Plaza near our apartment


4 comments:

  1. ok so... you know the "poor caged fellow" was probably going to be cooked later... haha "chicken". groossss Looks like your having fun. I"m being that weird stalker friend who comments on all your posts! I don't care. I'm living vicariously through you right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. where do you get bags of tequila from? 15 kids doesn't sound that bad...

    ReplyDelete
  3. no, Hayley, I LOVE all your comments! We were so close to setting the poor guy free from his cage, but we met the cute little girl who said it was her pet, hahaha.... Marvin, they're like a salty fruit cocktail that you get on the street, AND 15 KIDS ARE THAT BAD, hahha, believe me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait... That was weird. I didn't know you two knew each other! Haha! :) LETS SKYPE sometime :D

    ReplyDelete